Friday, October 31, 2008

I Voted

Brandon and I went to vote last night so now there's nothing else I can do. It won't do me any good to worry about it. I tend to worry. I come by it naturally. I think it's in my genetic make-up, but as my husband and mom remind me often, it's a sin to worry. :)

During this ugly, hateful, and malicious political season and economic crisis, I have had to remind myself of Colossians 1:16-17 16"For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

This article from John Piper (DesiringGod.com) brings me peace. Here's a snippet: "We deal with the system. We deal with the news. We deal with the candidates. We deal with the issues. But we deal with it all as if not dealing with it. It does not have our fullest attention. It is not the great thing in our lives. Christ is. And Christ will be ruling over his people with perfect supremacy no matter who is elected and no matter what government stands or falls." You can read the entire article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment