Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kauai Day 5

We stayed on the southeast side of the island today and just had a chill at the beach kind of day.

I had read about this little dive inside the Tip Top Motel so we decided to give it a try.  The exterior (and interior for that matter) obviously hadn't been updated in a very lonnnnnng time.  That didn't matter, the food was so good.  In fact, we ate there again on the last morning of our trip.  After stopping at Java Kai for coffee, of course.
Banana, macadamia nut pancakes.  Oh yum!  (Have I said that on every post?)
 
After breakfast we ventured over to Kalapaki Beach.  I was so excited to see some O-State love in Kaua'i, I made Brandon take my picture!  He was thrilled.
Lying on the beach looking up at the palm trees.
Loved watching the waves crash against the lava rocks


More fruit smoothies!
A picture of the 150 year old Eucalyptus trees that form the tree tunnel on the way to Poipu Beach.
We were so excited to get reservations for The Beach House restaurant. 
We got to watch surfers while we waited for our table.
The view from our table.  You can see everyone gathering outside for sunset.
The best (only) picture the hostess took. She barely got Brandon in the pic. We had a delicious watermelon salad with caramelized macadamia nuts and fish with, you guessed it, macadamia nut crust and chocolate molten cake for dessert. Oh, I'm hungry just thinking about it.
Sunset over Poipu, Kauai, HI.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment