SIX!!! What?!?! To me six sounds leaps and bounds older than five. It's like overnight they've gone from toddler-ish-preschool-ish age to grown child. Like, no more shopping in the toddler section. No more clothes that have a number and a T. You have to move across the aisle to the big boy section where they sell clothes with skulls and skateboards. :( And no more chubby cheeks.
I celebrated my boy all day (and then some) for his sixth birthday.
He had his favorite, sausage rolls for breakfast. I bought it the day before because I couldn't ensure that we would get out of the house in time to go to the doughnut shop! Ha!
I got to have lunch with him at school. He requested nuggets from McDonald's. He was so excited to see me when he walked in to the cafeteria. Bless my soul.
I even got to watch him play on the playground for a little while! He's the one going down the slide, birthday crown on his head, arms in the air.
After I picked him up from school, we went to memaw and pappaw's house to make a cookie cake.
Elli swiping the chocolate chips and laughing with pappaw.
While the cookie cake baked, pappaw said he needed to go drop off his recycling. You would have thought he suggested going to the pool. Noah got SOOOO excited and wanted to help. He'd been before and just loves a trip to the recycling center for whatever reason. :)
Noah got to open a few presents before dinner. This sequence of pictures cracks me up. He is all over the place and Elli is right there with him opening every present.
On the floor...
On the fireplace...
Back on the floor...
Vader!
After unwrapping brand new toys, they made up their new favorite game, roll the1985 Cabbage Patch baby down the stairs. They think it is simply hysterical!
Noah could eat Mexican food for breakfast, lunch and dinner if we'd let him so he picked one of his favorite Mexican restaurants for his b-day dinner. We were kind of disappointed. They were having an off night and the 6 year old even noticed that it wasn't very good.
We went home and had cookie cake...
The b-day boy with memaw, pappaw and sister. He's so big.
Miss Drama 2012. She's turning in to a pumpkin! Quick, get her to bed!
Happy Birthday, sweetest boy!
Brandon and I and Memaw and pappaw gave Noah an early birthday present about a month ago and I almost forgot to include pictures of it! Not for your sake, mind you, but mine. :) I've gotten three years worth of blog books printed and I love them! They are such neat memory books! And apparently I need the memory part since I almost forgot something that happened just over a month ago!
Pappaw put the car together at our house and covered it with a tarp, then memaw put a big bow on it.
Proud of his new set of wheels.
Taking it for a test drive...
Elli wasn't sure she wanted to ride in it, so I took her for a drive first to get her used to it...
She decided she could ride with Noah after that. She even put her hands in the air. That cracked us up and we couldn't figure out how she knew to do that. We remembered that when they ride the "Bye-Bye-Buggy" at church they pop "wheelies" and tell them to put their arms up!
Wheeeeeeeeee!
Protective big brother. I don't know if you can see it, but Noah has his arm around her in this picture...
No comments:
Post a Comment