Sunday, November 4, 2012

Busy Week at School

The week of Noah's birthday was a busy one at school! On Monday, I got to be there to help out with Jump Rope for Heart.  They've been learning how to jump rope in P.E. and it was fun to see them show off their skills!
Tuesday was his birthday and that deserves a separate post!

Wednesday they got to take their first field trip of the year.  We went to the aquarium!  This was Noah's first time to ride on a big school bus!  Yikes!  I was totally nervous about the lack of seatbelts, etc. 
They were fortunate enough to be walking by when the guy was cleaning one of the tanks.  They got a great lesson about wet suits and scuba gear.  He gave them fist bumps from inside the tank and even suggested (using hand motions) that they pose for a picture!
Noah loved the shark exhibit this time! 
Cute!
Looking for the otter.  Love this picture...
The GIANT old sea turtle posing for a picture with Noah.


We love the Nemo clown fish.
After the aquarium, they got to have a picnic lunch and play at a near by park.  It was all Noah could do to scarf down a few bites of food with that playground calling his name.

On Thursday, they had group pictures.  The only day that week that I wasn't at the school for something.

Friday was their orange/fall party.  When we enrolled Noah last spring, I marked the box that I would be interested in being A room mom.  Little did I know I was signing up to be THE room mom.  Don't get me wrong, the parents are very involved and I have lots of help and volunteers, but I didn't know I would be the one "in charge".  Ha!  You know I loved planning an ORANGE party, though.  I could come up with orange decor and food (and clothes) 'til the cows come home!
They made a pumpkin craft to go along with the book Pumpkin Pumpkin.
Orange power!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment