Monday, January 4, 2010

Home for Christmas

We started Christmas week by going to church with my parents. We even let Noah go to "big chuch" with us, he did pretty well for a three year old.
How much do I love playing dress up with these frilly dresses?!
My handsome boy:
I was almost a scrooge this year. I kind of didn't want to start a new project/mess since we hadn't finished our other project/mess (unpacking). But I'm so glad I did it for my boy even with everything else going on. He kept saying, "WOWWWWW! A tree!!..."
I didn't get all of my decorations out or buy any new ones this year, but Brandon bought this olive wood carving for me in Bethlehem, how cool is that?!
We took Noah to a big light display in town. He had so much fun! He didn't want to leave so we drove through a couple neighborhoods, but he said, "don't like these lights". His standards were too high after seeing the other lights.
Ellianna will enjoy it more next year:
We celebrated with my family on the 23rd. We got Noah involved in the cookie decorating tradition this year. Brandon doesn't share an appreciation for our family tradition :) he's anxious to let Noah take his place at the decorating table.
My mom started this tradition with me when I was four years old:
Noah kept saying he was "painting" cookies! He loved adding lots of sprinkles. Notice the white snowman with a mound of green sprinkles on it:
Memaw bought the girls matching outfits, how cute are they?!
Memaw got an OSU Snuggie. Too funny, we should've made her model it!
Me, my brother, and the babies:
Noah working on the new laptop that memaw and pappaw got him.
Christmas Eve morning we let Noah play with some of his new toys before we left for my aunt and uncle's house. It was SO wonderful to just pack for an overnight trip as opposed to a 10-day vacation!
Thomas tent from uncle Ryan and aunt Lindsey:
The toddler Wii from memaw and pappaw (not really, but I don't know what it's called):
I definitely got my wish for a cold Christmas and then some. I guess we were all so stressed about the falling sleet, that I didn't take one picture with my aunt and uncle. We made it safely to my grandma's house and had a white Christmas and got snowed in!
Pappaw getting some good snuggle time:
Ellianna is no longer the newest member of the family. This is baby Lily, she was almost a Christmas baby. My grandma had three daughters, three granddaughters (and one grandson), then her first three great-grandbabies were boys. She loves them to pieces, but thought she was never going to get to make pink blankets. Well, the last four great-grandbabies have been girls with another due in April!
Noah and his cousins.
Cheese! Opening presents at great-grandma's house:
Elli and daddy:
Handsome boy in pappaw's hat:
Sweet dreaming in her snow hat.
We made it home from my grandma's house on Christmas afternoon and opened presents at our house that evening. It was so nice! I don't think we've ever been home on Christmas day!
Opening a Tag Junior book:
We didn't do Santa with Noah this year. He could care less about Santa, I think he's a little scared of him and doesn't like the thought of him coming to our house. We're still trying to decide how to handle Santa. I think Brandon just wants to go sans Santa, but I want the kids to experience a little of the anticipation and excitement that I got to as a child. I like what Brandon's sister does with her kids. They leave a letter from Santa saying how Jesus is the reason we celebrate and keep the focus on Him, etc... I'd like to hear how you all handle it.
Since the roads were so dangerous, we decided against driving across the state to Brandon's side of the family. We did get to have Christmas with them on New Year's weekend.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment