Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Top 10 at 10

Some things I'll miss about Katy:


1. Kingsland Baptist Church. Our WONDERFUL church. I'll miss the teaching, our pastors, ABF-Adult Bible Fellowship (aka Sunday School class), precious friends, playgroup, and Women's Bible Study. I have learned SO incredibly much at KBC. The Lord truly blessed us when he lead us to that church. I was weepy through the entire service on Sunday knowing it was our last Sunday there!

2. My HEB Plus. Grocery shopping will never be the same.

3. The beautiful, clean, perfectly landscaped and manicured streets of Cinco Ranch.

4. The convenience of the master planned community. Everything I need is within a 5 mile radius.

5. The wonderful walking trails, parks, and pools on every corner (oh how my Noey will miss that). Our new neighborhood has zero parks and zero pools.

6. Lush tropical landscaping year round and just the thought that I could have a palm tree in my yard if I wanted to.

7. Mild, almost warm winters (although I am looking forward to a cold Christmas season!).

8. Our pediatrician. We finally found one we really like and we have to leave her. Plus, she has the coolest accent so even when she says things like spitting up and pooping, it sounds good.

9. Our key access mailbox. When we first moved here, I thought it was such a hassle to have to walk three doors down to get my mail, but now I love knowing that it's secure and no one can tamper with it.

10. Curb side recycling


Some things I will NOT miss about Katy:

1. Humidity! The air you can wear.

2. Towels that never dry (see number 1).

3. Bad hair days (see number 1).

4. The threat of hurricanes.

5. Fireants!

6. Bumpy, crunchy, non-barefoot friendly grass.

7. Having to brave Houston traffic to get to the zoo, aquarium, museums, sporting events, work, etc.

8. Our house. We decided to rent a house when we moved here because we didn't think it made financial sense to buy if we weren't going to be here for more than three years. I think I'm a nester by nature so it has been very hard not to be able to decorate and do my own thing to this house. Add pregnancy to the mix and I was about to go nuts.

9. Hearing about the Rockets, Dynamo (soccer, seriously?), and Texans year-round, off-season, on-season, you name it. Gimme some college sports!

10. It's a nine hour drive from our family.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, you are so cute! We will miss you guys!

    I'm looking for a new pediatrician. Who were you guys using?

    ReplyDelete