Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Take a Hike Ike!

Man, Ike sure is making us nervous! I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about hurricanes since living here.

Now I know (and care) what causes them to shift one way or another. I understand the "cone of uncertainty" and "spaghetti models". The things are so durned slow! I check Brandon's new favorite website off and on all day to see which way Ike is predicted to turn next and it seems he's still swirlin' around in the same spot.

We are going to sit it out if he turns toward Houston. There's no way we're sitting on the highway with the rest of the city trying to make a mass exodus. All my native Houstonian friends seem to think we'll "just get wind and rain".

Please pray that it doesn't head this way. I hate to pray for it to go another way, I don't want to wish a hurricane on anyone! Let's just pray for it to fizzle out!

No comments:

Post a Comment