Noah got his cast off and pins out on Thursday!
We started a countdown calendar a couple weeks ahead of time so he would know he was close to getting rid of that annoying thing!

He only missed one week of school over the ordeal, but his classmates and teachers made him the cutest get well book. The kids drew pictures and interpreted what they were and the teachers wrote messages for them. They cracked me up! Noah loves looking at it.

One kid drew a "potato monster", another girl drew a machine, another a roller coaster, a little boy up'd her one and drew a "dangerous" roller coaster. One boy drew a septic tank!?!? Hilarious. (See below)

They sent little get well and we miss you messages along with their pictures. The kids in his class were so curious about his arm. One mom told me her son asked every day why Noah had to keep wearing that thing to school and what happened to him?
When I took Noah in for his halfway point check up, they had to take the splint and wrap off because they couldn't get a good x-ray. I thought I was going to pass out. I seriously had to sit down, his arm looked so terrible all puffy and bruised and pin heads sticking out. So I knew I needed back up for the pin removal appointment. Luckily my dad stepped in.
Noah was SUCH a champ. His x-ray looked great so the doctor said they were ready to take the cast off and pins out. Here's his poor little arm.

He was so calm while the nurse removed his wrap.

I kind of thought it would take both of us to hold him down while the doctor removed the pins. It didn't. His biggest complaint was having to lie down. He fussed and squirmed, but didn't even cry! I was too mortified to take any pictures. They didn't even numb his arm, does that give you the heebs or what?
Afterward, we drove down the street to
Queenie's for a much deserved chocolate chip cookie! Cookies at 9:45 AM are totally justified after something like that.

He keeps commenting about the "dust" (dead skin) on his arm, but he is SO happy to be able to use two arms, bless his heart. He has been a new person the past two days.
No comments:
Post a Comment