I did my "most important civic responsibility" earlier this month and served jury duty. This was my second time to get summoned, but my first to get to serve on a jury. Some things I observed while spending time at the courthouse...
1. Attorneys do not really look like Josh Lucas, a la The Firm. :)
2. A full time missionary is needed at the courthouse.
3. I can no longer wear heels longer than four hours on Sunday for church and lunch.
4. Heels and the downtown hike from the parking garage to the courthouse don't mix.
5. People will try to sue for just about anything and attorneys will take just about any case to make a buck.
6. I was reminded just how thankful I am that I get to stay home with my babies (and I think they
are too!). They didn't want me to leave each morning, but they were left
in the very capable-of-spoiling-hands of memaw and pappaw.
They got to make cookies!
And swim!And make pizza!
No comments:
Post a Comment