Friday, April 23, 2010

Three and a Half

Noah is three AND A HALF today! :(I recently sorted through a bunch of Noah's baby and toddler clothes for a local consignment sale. It made me SO sad and sentimental. I so wanted him to be that size again so I could try some of those precious things on him. It's kind of depressing that we'll never again see our babies that size. Never get to experience certain stages, phases and quirks again. I feel like I'm very good at documenting things, but there's also so much I've forgotten and would like to relive. Now my baby is a three and a half year old runnin', tricyclin', socializin' boy growin' up too fast!

At this stage, he LOVES letters and numbers. He asks what everything says and loves to be quizzed about words. It's so funny to me because the "professionals" said he would have trouble reading if he didn't crawl (he didn't crawl until 17 months) so far, I think we're doin' just fine! He still loves trains and anything and everything can be a train, the tape measure, play-doh, cables, shoes, etc.

As the weather has warmed up, it's been fun to see our neighbors come out of the woodwork. We have a lot of families with young children in our neighborhood. Noah has really come out of his shell and learned to socialize.

It's crazy how much they change at this age. These pictures are from a year ago. Look at the cheeks and the light (long) blonde hair!
He's such a good big brother to Elli. He's so sweet. He tolerates her yelling in the car and tells her, "it's otay" when she's crying.

They are so happy to see each other every morning, they smile the biggest smiles. He runs to her room with me to get her up from naps. He sticks his feet in between the slats on the baby bed so he can climb up and see her. It's so precious to me, because even though she has demanded so much time and attention from us, he still loves her so much. And of course, he can get her to laugh like only older siblings can.

No comments:

Post a Comment