I started this post about five weeks ago and have been waiting to be able to tie it up neatly with a happy ending, but that might be a long time coming so here goes...
The following nights were great! He decided that since he was in a big boy bed that he shouldn't wear his sleep sack anymore and he wanted a blanket (not sure where he came up with that). So we retired the sleep sack :( and gave him a lightweight quilt and bigger pillow to use. He stayed in bed all night, naps have been challenging though.
We had the toddler bed for two weeks then I decided that when his full-size-backordered bedding arrives I'm going to want to put his room together before baby girl gets here. So, a three weeks ago, we bought his full size mattress and upgraded to another big boy bed (the headboard is the back of his crib). I thought with the height of the bed and the safety rail, it would be a little more difficult to get out in the middle of the night. Wrong! He got up about three times the first night and naps are still challenging.
We converted Noah's baby bed to a toddler bed over a month ago. My growing belly was making it quite difficult for me to get him in and out of the crib!
The first night did not go so well. Noah got out of bed at 1AM and 2AM I guess he was exploring his freedom (and our pitch black, dark house in the middle of the night). He got back in bed pretty willingly both times, but then fell out at 2:30AM (he's such a creature of habit and routine that he wouldn't put his pillow on the end with the rail). We were both exhausted on Saturday. Nap time wasn't great either, he got out of bed several times.
Things are definitely getting better, but I think this has been our most exhausting, patience-testing transition yet. I'll keep you posted.
I'm sorry it's been so rough! Keep working at it, I'm sure he'll settle down soon. He's such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteOh man Heather, I hear you on this one... we are going through the SAME thing with Emma right now! Sorry to say I'm glad to hear we're not the only ones. :)
ReplyDeleteWe haven't had a decent night's sleep in 6 weeks- the amount of time we have tried a big girl bed. We've tried everything- including moving her back to a crib (which was a disaster!)
I keep saying to myself, "This too shall pass." Hang in there. :)