We were so prepared for Tropical Storm Edouard and he was a dud, in our neck of the woods anyway. We thought we were going to "get" to ride out a tropical storm (we thought we could handle a T.S. or at least a CAT 1 Hurricane). Not that I'm complaining, I am
definitely not wishing for hurricanes! It's just that the weather people get SOOO excited ("bread and water are flying off the store shelves!!!") that I was getting excited. They were on the air for 8 hours straight (4 a.m. until noon) on Tuesday with not much to report.
When we saw that Jim Cantore hadn't even left the Weather Channel studios in Atlanta, we knew we were safe.
Brandon got to stay home from work and the entire city was shut down (with the exception of our neighbor's lawn crew who apparently mow the soaked grass despite the threat of hurricanes and tornadoes).
I woke up that morning expecting to see our neighbor's palm trees whipping in the wind and rain pouring off the house. It was calm and barely sprinkling.

The winds go sweeping down the plains MUCH faster in Oklahoma than they did during T.S. Edouard. I think we ended up getting about an inch of rain out of the deal.
My little storm chaser:
No comments:
Post a Comment