We had a wonderful visit from mamaw and papaw last week. They were here Tuesday through Sunday (that whole retirement thing is pretty convenient!). I enjoyed the company (and help!!)and Noah luuuuuved the attention. He had a ball!
We picked them up at the airport and the entire way there, Noah was giving me the sign for airplane (accompanied by his "airplane sound" Aaaaaaaaah). The entire way
back to our house he was giving mamaw and papaw the sign for airplane (because I had been telling him for days that they were coming to see him and that's how they were getting here - I guess he was telling them how they got here?). Then each time we'd get in the car to go "bye-bye" during the week, he'd give us the sign for airplane and we'd have to explain that, no, we're not going to the airport today. :)

We went to Toys R Us one day so mamaw and papaw could spoil their only grandchild a little bit. Noah got a singing, talking, LOUD ball popping lawn mower. We had to shout at each other in order to talk above this noisy toy. But Noah loves it so much! (He was pushing the mower Sunday morning before church and we told him c'mon, it's time to leave. He pushed the mower right out the door like he was going to take it to church with him!).

He also got a bubble gun. Not quite as loud, but still tons of fun.

He got a few books (not pictured). Here he is reading one of his old favorites with papaw.

We went to the park...



...and another park...

...and another park...

I got to see Watermark in concert one night. I got to get my hair done (on a weekday!). I even got to scrapbook a little bit! Brandon and I got to take
dance lessons (he bought me a gift certificate for Valentine's Day and we're just now using it). We went to dinner at
Taste of Texas AND went out for
dessert. I guess you could say we took full advantage of the grandparents (and they didn't mind a bit).
Like my mom said, (trying to find something good about us living so far away) our visits aren't as frequent as we'd like, but when we do get to see each other, we have lengthy, quality, precious visits.
No comments:
Post a Comment